You can make a difference!
Forest View Farms has a wonderful and rewarding volunteer program where all volunteers get to work with animals they love. Whether you can make a short-term commitment or a long-term commitment, Forest View Farms would like to have you as a volunteer. Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Church Youth groups, 4-H clubs: are you looking for a community service project? We always have group projects available. Please contact Forest View Farms to learn more! We can be reached at 708-560-0306.
• Experience volunteering in a farm environment preferred, but not required.
• Volunteering in many of the positions require moderate physical activity. Please be sure you are comfortable and capable with the physical aspects of the role you select.
• Because of the nature of the services we provide, Forest View Farms reserves the right to make the final determination as to the appropriateness of volunteers and job requirements.
• Volunteer release must be signed.
Forest View Farms expects all volunteers to adhere to Forest View Farms' code of conduct and treat all animals with respect. Volunteers must be hard working, show initiative, be self motivated, and follow instructions well. If you would like to take the next step toward becoming a volunteer, Please fill out the online application completely and email back to our office. Our Volunteer director will contact you.
Volunteer Positions that are currently available:
- Volunteer Director: Job duties include interviewing new volunteers and matching them with a specific job. Creating schedules and working with the volunteers to ensure they understand their job. Working with staff who volunteers may be working under. Must have experience leading others and be 18 or older.
- Grooming and Bathing livery and or lesson horses and ponies as needed.
- Petting Zoo duties include feeding, watering, cleaning stalls and grooming animals. Helping with pony rides and caring for the animals.
- Livery assistants: Help with saddling and grooming horses. Assisting riders and trail guides before and after trail rides.
- Farm Grounds: Volunteers help with general maintenance repairs, painting, picking up garbage, sweeping, emptying garbage cans, anything to help keep the stables and surrounding grounds clean and improving the farm.
- Lesson Aisle Volunteers: Lesson volunteers assist instructors and riders and will learn techniques for grooming, tacking, leading, side walking, mounting, and dismounting.
- Special events: Volunteers serve on event committees and or assist with various special events that Forest View Farms holds, such as Halloween fest or Barn party.
- Special skills: Volunteers who possess skills or professional/technical experience that may benefit Forest View Farm and Stables, such as electrical, carpentry, photography, graphic design, judging, special events, fund raising are encouraged to contact us.
- Pony Parties: Assist with parties at the farm and away from the farm. You will help with grooming, handling and walking ponies during parties.